Further excursions: Trips and excursions outside of the scope of the workshop can be organized and booked online through various local travel agents.
Here are some Interesting facts about Slovenia, from which you can get some travel hints:
- unspoilt nature, good quality of life, very diverse
- only one in Europe that combines the Alps, the Mediterranean, the Pannonian Plain and the Karst
- in a single day: pick autumn fruits in the morning, swim in the Adriatic in the afternoon, night skiing in the evening
- 3rd most forested in Europe behind Finland and Sweden.
- more than 28,000 wineries (one vineyard or winery for every 70 people
- Maribor, Slovenia’s second-largest city, is home to the oldest vine in the world
- one of the richest countries in Europe in terms of water
- over 7,000 kilometres of mountain hiking trails with 165 mountain huts and bivouacs
- scenes from the film Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian were filmed in the Soča Valley
- Lipica with white Lipizzaner horses with incredible learning ability and their dancing skill -worldwide tourist attraction
- Postojna Cave – the most visited in the world